Saturday 17 March 2012

Where There's His Will, There's a Way.

I had been mulling this phrase over for some time. Like most of us, I had known the common phrase where there’s a will there’s a way for years. I could even relate it to scripture verses on perseverance, faith and finishing the race.
 
After a while I began to see that if I changed the little “a” in the middle of the phrase to “His” it took on a much deeper meaning for the Christ follower. Who hasn’t faced a choice or decision, perhaps one with profound life-changing implications that seemingly had no good answer or solution? Yet didn’t He promise to never leave us nor forsake us if we followed Him? At just the time I was pondering these matters something amazing happened.

I had been involved in a dedication service for our new church addition that featured a well-known preacher from our area. As such I had to sit on the front row with an honored guest. During the message given so eloquently by the preacher I was aware that a friend had brought a man with him who was going through huge family and business issues that were taking him to the end of his rope financially and personally. I was praying for that stressed man throughout the sermon.

When the meeting ended the preacher came down off the platform right in front of where I was sitting. It seemed that as his foot touched the auditorium floor the troubled man was facing him with a grim look on his face. Because it all happened so fast, I could not help but overhear the ensuing conversation.

 “Pastor, thank you for your wonderful message,” said the man. “I am in terrible trouble. I am about to lose my business and my wife and I don’t know where to turn.” Without hesitation, the preacher looked him in the eye and said in a very direct manner and tone, “Have you invited God into your situation?” “No,” said the man.

 At that point, I was too close for comfort to a God-moment that I felt I should not be a part of and I stood up and left the area so the two men could do spiritual business right there at the front of the church.

“Have you brought God into your situation?” What a question! Why? Because WHERE THERE’S HIS WILL THERE’S A WAY. Think about it. Then and there a song was born that has, even in its infancy, ministered to many.

No comments:

Post a Comment